Full Charge Bookkeeper/Office Manager – Livingston, NJ
My client, a Livingston, New Jersey-based residential property management company, is looking to hire a full charge bookkeeper/office manager. This family owned business, with family values, in business for 48 years, manages multiple properties in Essex and Hudson Counties, including some 450 multi-family units, along with some commercial tenants. Additionally, they manage six commercial/multi-family properties throughout New Jersey. The company is looking to grow by acquiring more properties and additional outside management projects.
The company has seven full-time employees, and numerous part-time maintenance workers employed on a daily or weekly basis.
The duties of the bookkeeper/office manager include, but may not be limited to:
- Year-end closing including accruals, GL account analysis, reconcile loan & property tax statements, post journal entries, prepare comparison financial report reconcile changes, submit yearend paperwork to accountants
- Post accountant adjusting entries and reconcile any discrepancies
- Multiple bank, security & mortgage reconciliations
- Prepare management reports for multiple owners, calculate & pay management fees, pay taxes, payroll & Quarterly tax reports, 1099
- Post multiple mortgage payments, monthly & quarterly owner distributions & building maintenance fees, tenant direct deposits
- Maintain tenant records including adding properties, moving tenants in & out, rent increases, subsidy tenant paperwork, open & close security accounts, correct mis postings, tenant billing, commercial escalations, report lease and insurance expirations, order credit checks. Prepare and submit rent increase letters for all tenants, maintain subsidy rent increase data for submission of rent increases to various agencies on required due dates
- Other responsibilities: WC audits, Tax Accessor Reports’, Cam reconciliations, property tax pass throughs, pay multiple estimated tax payments
- Prepare legal paperwork, reconcile collateral account – maintain legal calendar and follow up judgements & evictions
- Maintain and update various reports for owner: Insurance, accounting fees, holiday expenses
- Office – Pay office bills, management fees order supplies and arrange maintenance of office equipment
Candidates must be high school graduates, have at least 2 years’ residential real estate experience in a bookkeeping/accounting capacity, possess excellent computer skills and be comfortable working alone. A college degree in Accounting and knowledge of Appfolio or Property Ware are preferred but not required.
The salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $70,000, depending on qualifications, plus health insurance. In addition to all Federal holidays, the candidate will receive two-weeks paid vacation.
To submit your candidacy, send a cover letter, along with your resume, to Bruce Hurwitz at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be acknowledged, and qualified candidates will be contacted within 48 hours. Selected candidates will have a recorded video interview. No phone calls please.