My client, a large management company which offers great training and room for growth, seeks to hire a Property Manager for a 350-unit government supervised Mitchell-Lama Development in Brooklyn, NY.
The Property Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the Development, including but not limited to:
- Supervising maintenance, security and administrative staff to ensure everyone is following procedures and working efficiently;
- Develop and monitor budget to minimize costs while ensuring proper services;
- Ensure highest possible occupancy rate and collection of carrying charges;
- Managing Accounts Receivable;
- Administering landlord-tenant issues and Accounts Payable processing;
- Oversee maintenance including preventive maintenance, restorations and grounds;
- Handle capital projects including RFPs, securing bids and overseeing contractors;
- Supervise and assist with coordination of bidding process for all purchases;
- Communicate with governmental agencies and send contracts for review;
- Prepare work schedules, assign work and oversee work results;
- Hire, direct and mediate between staff including disciplinary actions;
- Process liability claims and handle insurance matters;
- Applicant screening and maintaining applicant waiting list;
- Completing status reports;
- Resolving resident complaints and issues; and
- Attending meetings as needed (including night meetings).
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Two to five years’ experience in property management;
- Experience supervising employees;
- Ability to communicate with owners/board of directors (written and oral);
- Excellent time management and general organizational skills; and
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
Compensation: $60,000 Annual Salary; 401(k), Medical
To submit your candidacy, send a cover letter, along with your resume, to Bruce Hurwitz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 48 hours. No phone calls please.