New York, NY
Our client is a for-profit educational programming provider. In operation since 2006, they arrange lectures in over 50 markets across the United States, by professors from top colleges and universities. The students who attend are not looking to network, get ahead in their jobs or obtain an advanced degree – they’ve already done that. They are there because they love to learn, and believe spending a day with fascinating professors and a room full of intellectually curious, cultured people is time and money well-spent.
The client is looking to hire a Sponsorship Coordinator/Director to secure corporate and other funding.
- Minimum of 2-3 (Junior candidate)/5-8 (Senior candidate) years’ experience with corporate/sponsorship sales ideally within the higher education, entertainment, arts or culture sectors.
- Existing contact list/“Rolodex.”
- Verifiable track record of sponsorship sales.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Commitment to continuing education for seniors/retirees and transparency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Highly motivated/independent attitude, willing to take the initiative, with an entrepreneurial mindset and work ethic.
- Capable of taking direction and open to feedback.
- Limited telecommuting will be acceptable.
- Some travel may be required.
- Local candidates only.
- Senior candidate: Minimum base salary of $70,000, depending on experience, plus commission package to be negotiated.
- Junior candidate: Minimum base salary of $40,000, depending on experience, plus commission package to be negotiated.
- Health insurance, medical and dental.
- Pension 401(k).
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume, as Word Documents, to:
Bruce A. Hurwitz, Ph.D., President, Hurwitz Strategic Staffing, Ltd.